Season 3 Episode 22: A Conversation with Ken Jarrard and James Westbury on Local Government Law and ADR
Season 3 | Social Share
Miles mediator & arbitrator Jason Harper joins James Westbury, a long-time local government attorney and currently an Attorney and Property & Liability Claims Manager of the Georgia Municipal Association and Ken Jarrard, a well-known government attorney and Partner with Jarrard and Davis. They discuss several topics pertaining to local government law.
This episode covers:
- Sovereign immunity including police reform and coverage on claims against the city and government
- Who is the proper defendant in government cases?
- How to deal with settling cases when there is a lot of press surrounding the case
- Who makes the final decision in settling government/insurance claims
- The success rate of mediating cases with the GMA
- How the shutdown is affecting claims
- Advice for law students who wish to get involved with local government law
“A Conversation with Ken Jarrard and James Westbury on Local Government and ADR” is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, and Soundcloud. This podcast is the latest in a series of episodes that features thought leaders in Georgia’s legal community and beyond. Learn more about of The Future of Resolution Podcast.
Join The Future of Resolution Podcast Audience Circle for more insights