Episode 3.11: The People Behind the Headlines – A Conversation with Emily Ward
Season 3 | Social Share
Emily Ward, a practicing white-collar defense attorney at Smith, Gambrell & Russell and co-owner of Southern Belle and Georgia Boy, two Southern-rooted restaurants located in Atlanta’s Poncey-Highland neighborhood. Emily joins Miles neutral Winter Wheeler to talk about the impact Covid-19 has had on her restaurant businesses and her law practice. In this candid conversation, Emily and Winter take listeners on an emotional journey through:
- The development of the restaurant concept with her husband celebrated local chef Joey Ward;
- The work involved in getting the restaurant open and the support they received from family and friends;
- When Emily first realized that Covid-19 might impact the business;
- How the restaurant thought to work through the numbers and adapt at the beginning of the crisis;
- The decision to pay employees extra to help see them through the unexpected loss of income;
- The chaotic PPP loan process;
- The restaurant’s post-quarantine plans;
- The support of the Atlanta Restaurant community; and
- The impact Covid-19 has had on her law practice as a white-collar criminal defense attorney.
Get out your tissues and be ready to laugh and cry with Emily Ward and Winter Wheeler in this episode of Future of Resolution podcast.“The People Behind the Headlines – A Conversation with Emily Ward” is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, and Soundcloud. This podcast is the latest in a series of episodes that features thought leaders in Georgia’s legal community and beyond. Click here for additional episodes of The Future of Resolution Podcast.
Join The Future of Resolution Podcast Audience Circle for more insights