Miles Mediation & Arbitration Launches Virtual ADR Service in Charlotte
Update: Miles Mediation & Arbitration’s Charlotte office will open June 1, 2020. The panel is available to conduct in-person and virtual mediation, arbitration, and other ADR proceedings.
ATLANTA & CHARLOTTE (April 7, 2020) – Miles Mediation & Arbitration, the Southeast’s leading alternative dispute resolution (ADR) firm is now offering virtual dispute resolution services in Charlotte. The firm was set to open its Charlotte office on April 15, 2020 but delayed the launch and will offer a range of ADR services through video and audio conferencing.
It is not known when Miles Mediation & Arbitration will host clients in the new office as the firm is abiding by the stay-at-home orders issued by the State of North Carolina and the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Emergency Management Office.
Miles Mediation & Arbitration has its headquarters in Atlanta with an office in Savannah. The firm specializes in mediation, arbitration, special master, and all forms of dispute management and has a reputation for delivering exceptional client service. The firm handles complex disputes ranging from multimillion dollar business and commercial cases to personal injury and family law.
The firm’s Charlotte neutrals are all attorneys or former judges with a proven track record and extensive practice area and industry expertise. They each have deep knowledge handling matters in areas of business, commercial, employment, construction, professional negligence, insurance coverage, contracts, wrongful death, personal injury, and family law.
Miles Mediation & Arbitration CEO John Miles said: “ We are excited to open in North Carolina, albeit under different circumstances than expected. Although our office will not open until it’s appropriate, we are proud to offer virtual mediation, arbitration and additional dispute resolution services. Our clients will benefit from the exceptional professionals who are launching our Charlotte panel. These experienced lawyers and former judges are already serving clients in Charlotte.” Miles pointed out that the move into Charlotte comes as demand for high-quality mediators and arbitrators grows in places such as the Carolinas.
The seven neutrals who have joined Miles Mediation & Arbitration in Charlotte are the following:
- Ward Davis is a mediator and arbitrator who also maintains an active and broad business litigation practice, including matters involving trade secrets and unfair competition, fraud, shareholder disputes, construction defects, and professional negligence, many of which are pending in the North Carolina Business Court. Ward is a partner at the law firm Bell, Davis & Pitt.
- Steve Dunn is a full-time mediator who specializes in business and labor and employment disputes. He has practiced law for more than 20 years including a long partnership with Van Hoy, Reutlinger, Adams & Dunn. He also has served as an Adjunct Professor at the Charlotte School of Law.
- Jason James is a mediator and arbitrator with extensive experience handling complex construction matters and commercial and business disputes. His construction and surety law practice includes working with clients at every phase of the construction process. Jason is a partner at the law firm Bell, Davis & Pitt.
- Meredith Jeffries is a mediator with an active practice in the area of labor and employment law. She is a member of the law firm Alexander Ricks PLLLC.
- Nancy Norelli is a mediator and arbitrator who brings her experience as a District Court Judge in Mecklenburg County to her role as a neutral. Norelli has expertise mediating a wide variety of cases, including, but not limited to business disputes, employment disputes, wrongful death cases, personal injury and matters related to estate family law.
- Elizabeth Todd is a mediator for both Civil and Family Financial cases. She mediates cases filed in Federal District Court for the Western District of North Carolina. Todd has practice law for over 28 years and is available to mediate all matters, whether mandatory or voluntary, in Mecklenburg and all surrounding counties. She maintains her own law firm.
- Danae Woodward is a mediator and arbitrator with extensive experience in labor and employment law. She has also served as in-house counsel at Duke Energy and Mecklenburg County Government. She is a founder and owner of the law firm Woodward & Woodward.
ABOUT MILES MEDIATION & ARBITRATION
Miles Mediation & Arbitration was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Atlanta with offices in Savannah and Charlotte. The award-winning alternative dispute resolution (ADR) firm specializes in mediation, arbitration, special master, and all forms of dispute management and is known for its exceptional client service and reputation for delivering successful results. The firm handles all case sizes and types, including complex, multi-party disputes in areas of business, finance, construction, medical negligence, personal injury, wrongful death, trucking, real estate, insurance coverage, fiduciary, estate and probate, and premises liability. For more information, please call 678-320-9118 or visit www.milesmediation.com.